Ear Teacher can be used to learn music theory and improve aural skills. It contains over 450 lessons, exercises, and tests, covering all the important aspects of music theory and ear training. On top of the learning material, there are many practice items to choose from, including:
* Rhythm and Melody Imitation
* Sight Singing
* Interval Recognition and Singing
* Chord, Inversion, and Cadence Recognition
* Harmonic Dictation
* and more!
Many of the exercises and practice items are performed by singing or playing an instrument into the computer microphone.
There are several unique aspects to Ear Teacher's approach:
* Audiovisual learning - interactive multimedia is used to explain music theory concepts, step by step. This makes Ear Teacher a very effective learning tool for all ages.
* Intelligent practice - practice areas and questions are chosen automatically, based on students' progress and abilities. This allows students to focus on problem areas.
* Statistics keep track of progress, relative skill ability, and test marks.